Brian Fling attended the Mobile 2.0 conference, he gives his feedback on Blue Favor.
Read his 10 rules
- Mobile 2.0 = The Web This one is easy, of course the equation is obvious. Yet I think that if they hope they’ll move from one world to another, they’re wrong as it only works in an always on world which can’t be the case on mobile for a few years.
- The mobile web browser is the next killer app
- Mobile Web Applications are the future
- AJAX is the next frontier
- The Mobile User Experience Sucks/Rules/Is Hot!
- Mobile Widgets are the next big thing
- The Carrier is the new “C” word
- People abuse the Podium
- We are creators not consumers
True of course, but still they should talk about “mobile browser”
3 rules for the same thing… Mobile Web Applications are the furture of Web but not the only future of Mobile
Of course ! until something replaces ajax in a few years (or monthes or weeks or days) as the new trendy technology.
I have absolutely no opinion. do they ?
No kidding ! It sucks now, it could be hot.
Ok, I’m lost. Wasn’t mobile web the next big thing ?
Yeah sure, everybody hate carriers, those greedy ennemies, standing on our way to make splendid, usefull, beautiful & profitable applications. They’re useless !
BTW, who builds the mobile networks? Who gives high-end devices to our customers for a few bucks ? Who offers billing systems ? who built interconnection between networks ?
Let’s grow up and stop crying. Carriers built the ecosystem, they’re the most important part of it and without them it would collapse
Who are the consumers then ? (who’s gonna pay ???)
Read it, make up your mind and build the mobile 3.0 world